Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

COLOR! COLOR! COLOR! I LOVE TEACHING COLOR!

I can't help it. Being the colorful person that I am (I was Color Girl! for superhero day!) I LOVE teaching color theory to my students. From basic color mixing with Kinders to tints and shade full on mixing with older students, THE FUN NEVER ENDS!

Color Girl! And my sidekick Splat in the red!
If you are looking for the most amazing youtube video on earth about color that doubles as a song. This is it. Links to download are in the comments.




I used the song for 2nd-4th as review but played it for Kinder and First at the end of the project for giggles even though they didn't know most of the concepts :)

Unfortunately for me, I did these projects at the end of the year and ran out of time to display them.
 I WILL NOT MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN.

Kindergarten and First Grade did these adorable color mixing birds...more on the lesson here!


Second Grade did these umbrellas... more on the lesson here!


Some third and some fourth did tint/shade ice cream cones...


Some third and some fourth did tint/shade gum-ball machines...more on the lesson here!


More on each project later!

No comments:

Post a Comment