Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

THIS ARTIST DUO THOUGH....

Three things you should know about me...

#1 Paper is my favorite medium to work with
#2 All of my work is about color
#3 I excelled in 3D in college but never found the best way to pursue it in my personal work outside of college so I have a pretty deep love for it

Here is why those three things are very important...

Someone posted (on the incredible) Art Teacher Facebook group a link to an installation of a French duo who create mostly paper art and I am IN LOVE. They call themselves Zim&Zou and started off in Graphic Design and moved to working with materials like paper, thread, and wood.

Do yourself a favor and spend hours exploring their website...





Most of their projects are also geared around bigger issues like genetically modified food and the food industry...


They even have some videos and images of their process so great resources to show to students.
Edible Monsters - Behind the scene from Zim and Zou on Vimeo.

Now I just have to come up with a project to connect to!

No comments:

Post a Comment